The global expansion of renewable energies requires a rapid adjustment of production capacities in order to keep pace with the growth of the solar industry and to expand the competitive position. In addition, new technologies and flexible types of technology partnerships need to be considered for expansion. This also applies to the material flow, the processes and the entire logistics.
The first project task was the planning of a warehouse extension. In the course of the project implementation, further high growth requirements from the market became apparent and a new logistical master planning & process optimization had to be advanced for the further site expansion. Finally, the foundation stone for service and spare parts logistics was to be laid.
Plant manufacturer in the field of photovoltaic and solar plant production
- Creation of a logistics master plan taking into account the product areas, the service areas and integration into an overall logistics concept
- Optimum use of space with maximum flexibility for storage facilities in already completed hall infrastructure
- Optimal use of the “old” storage areas by locating logistics for specific product lines
- Ensure relocation and changeover during ongoing operations without significant disruptions
- Implement supply concepts that meet requirements, including kanban, packaging concepts, component prefabrication.
- Integration of transparent warehouse and call-off control by means of a warehouse management system (WMS)
- Planning, tendering and awarding of a new assembly supply warehouse
- Implementation support and change management for a new assembly supply system
- Accompanying the introduction of a new WMS, specifications for test management