Exhausted storage capacities for finished goods with continuous sales growth have been a challenge for our client. Renting additional capacity in external warehouses was only possible in locations far away from production and inefficient logistical handling led to high logistics costs. HPMlog was entrusted with the task of meeting the future demands of growth through a sustainable logistics concept and the creation of a central external warehouse, while at the same time optimising and permanently reducing the costs of logistics and storage.
Our services for the logistics concept central external warehouse
- Define data needs for requirements analysis
- Record actual/target data using questionnaires
- Design future material flow, develop logistics concept for central external warehouse
- Dimension warehouse and logistics space for a centralized outdoor storage location
- Selecting optimal storage and conveyor technology for efficient and cost-effective handling
- Determine degree of automation and mechanization
- Develop alternative warehouse layouts and coordinate the optimal variant for the logistics concept of a central external warehouse with the customer.
- Calculate investment costs